What's cuter than a cat in a stroller? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Family Cat Shop sells strollers for cats from Gen7Pets and Kittywalk. We know they're a big investment for cat owners who haven't tried putting their cats in strollers before. The fact is, some cats immediately love the sights and sounds that come with a ride in a stroller, while others may find the event stressful.
So, how do you know if your cat will enjoy a stroller ride?
First, there's no hard truth that will guarantee your cat will enjoy a stroller, and you can't judge whether a cat will enjoy being in a stroller based on how much they cry in their carrier that you use to take them to the vet. In fact, some cats might find a stroller very similar to a carrier on their first few strolls and find it stressful if they associate it with a visit to the vet.
This means that with any cat, you need to give them time to adjust. Some cats will love strollers their first time out. Others will need to warm onto it if they are not sure why they are being contained or where they are going.
Tips for strolling your cat:
- Put a blanket, toy, or other item in the stroller with your cat that they love to play with or lay on at home.
- Give your cat treats when they enter the stroller to help them associate it with a reward.
- For your first few outings, try strolling around your home so that the environment is more familiar and comfortable for your cat.
- Avoid strolling in locations that might cause stress or anxiety for your cat, such as areas with too much commotion, dogs, or other possible negative triggers for your cat.
- For extra security, consider attaching a leash to your cat and stroller while you are out and about. This way, you can unzip the top and comfort your kitty if they need it.